|Chosen image out of 9 Mock Ups|
What can we tell about the story from these Mock Ups?
- It's a contemporary romance novel.
- There are beautiful people.
- There's a windy beach.
- It's got a fun and sensual flavor.
- It's not a bare-skin-steamy or erotic story.
Therese says: Some of the other Mock Up covers, by Ramona, had different people and poses which were easy to dismiss and I wanted my name on the bottom, instead of across my heroes head. After that, there were a few Fonts in various Sizes, Colors, and Placement, to consider. I like the chiseled from stone look because it feels both whimsical and enduring.
If this image was the only "Final" - I would have been THRILLED.
But! There were Four "Final" versions with different font colors. There were TWO choices that were perfect covers! Which to choose? I'd hate to choose one then regret I didn't choose the other. So here's what I did. I copied my two favorites into a file and emailed them to my sisters and two friends. My friends instantly chose the one above with a whole list of reasons.
- While waiting to hear from my sisters, who were not as responsive as my friends, I asked my husband his opinion and he liked the red title as he's a bit color blind.
- I also shrunk both images to Thumbnail Size, and the blue title blended into the background. It didn't stand out at all!
- My sisters, and their (color challenged) husbands, also liked the red title, and the subtitle in white, instead of both in the same color.
Now, months later, and having reviewed all my options, I'm still thrilled with this cover. I really like this font for my name and title! I tried to replicate it on my business cards - but that's another story.